Sunday, January 09, 2005

Title (couldn't think of anything else)

I knew it wouldn't be a month before I made another post. Anyways, I really don't know anything new about my trip, I was suppose to get the "departure package" by this weekend, but have I, nope. There's some information I would really like to have, say for example how much my final payment is, mostly because well its due tomorrow (mon, jan 10th).

i have somewhat been getting ready to go (sorta). things i've done to get ready have been getting an iPod so i can take all my punk music with me and hopefully i'll becoming back with a lot of new bands to listen to that nobody has ever heard of before. hmmm...what else have i done in getting ready? i've been figuring out where all the money is going to be coming from in order to go, in doing so i had to cancel my meal plan at Tech for next semester, which kinda is amazing that i had a meal plan because 1) i don't live on campus and 2) i'm not signed up for any classes. this also makes me wonder if i had a meal plan last semester and just didn't know it. luckly if i did it was just money that can be used at the miners shack or the dinning hall and that it would have transferred to the spring semester. meaning that when i go visit fellow techies i'll be able to find out for sure if i do and if i do then i'm going to go on a spending spree or try to get the money back (in cash or check form).

last week when i was talking to one of my high school teachers (one that organized a trip to europe that i went on and yes i still talk to a few of my teachers) said that when they took kids to london, the kids where like "i thought they spoke english here" because they couldn't understand the accent. from what i've heard the australians like the american accent and i like the australian accent so i think it'll all be good even if i can't understand what they're saying for the first several days, weeks, etc (better not be months).

really can't think of anything else that's australia related except that i think it would be fun to go camping around australia all except for the fact that there are dozens of things that can KILL ME almost instantly. maybe there's an area where the number of poisonous snakes, spiders, etc are at a minimum so i can go camping or whatnot. the ocean isn't necessarily any safer either, with the deadly jellyfish, sharks, crocodiles and the water itself. in a book i got for xmas about australia it said that one of australia's prime ministers went for a swim one day and was never seen again.

hey wow this is getting kinda long for having nothing new to really say, but for now i think i'm gonna stop typing (short attention span and i'm tired of sitting)

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Heh heh heh. Don't know how I'd react if I got a phone call saying, "Yeah, Darren's in the hospital in Sydney ... Spider bite." Anyway, you better be coming up here to visit, even if you can cancel your meal plan!